The Company : Groot Constantia Trust NPC RF
Registration number : 1993/003391/08
VAT registration number : 4030108080
Groot Constantia Estate, Groot Constantia Road, Constantia,7806
Email address : email@example.com
2. COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
- In performing the Company’s services in the ordinary course of business, the Company may collect, use and disclose Personal Information. Anyone from whom the Company collects such information can expect that it will be appropriately and lawfully protected and that any use of or other dealing with this information is subject to consent, where this is required by law. This is in line with the general privacy practices of the Company.
- This Policy sets out how the Company collects, uses, discloses, and safeguards the Personal Information it processes in the course of its business.
- In this Policy, in addition to the other terms that have been defined in the body of the Policy, the Company makes use of the following terms:
- “Personal Information” means all information which may be considered to be personal in nature or information about an identifiable natural and / or existing juristic person (where applicable) in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECTA“), the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA“) and the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”); and
- “User, you, your or yourself” refers to any person who makes use of the Website for any purposes whatsoever, whether or not such use is free of charge or paid for.
- In addition, unless the contrary is specified, terms that are used in the Policy that are specifically defined in POPIA, are given the meanings ascribed to them in POPIA.
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT AND WHY?
The Company may collect Personal Information in conducting its ordinary business operations, including through the use of its Website. In processing such Personal Information, the Company at all times ensures that (i) it complies with the provisions of POPIA, and (ii) such Personal Information is used for legitimate business purposes.
5. OBTAINING CONSENT
The Company does not, except where otherwise permitted by law, collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your consent.
6. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Company operates its Website, and conducts its business in general, in accordance with South African legislation. The Company considers it imperative to protect the privacy interests of data subjects.
- In the event that the Company sends Personal Information outside of South Africa (including if such information is hosted offshore), the Company will ensure that it takes all reasonable steps to ensure that it complies with all applicable laws in this regard, including POPIA.
7. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
All Personal Information retained on the Company’s database, including such information obtained through the use of the Website, is in accordance with the retention provisions set out in the applicable laws and regulations of South Africa, including those set out in POPIA
8. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- It is important to note that you have rights in relation to your Personal Information.
- You have the right to contact the Company at any time to ask the Company to:
- confirm that it holds your Personal Information (at no charge);
- provide you access to any records containing your Personal Information or a description of the Personal Information that the Company hold about you (subject to payment of a prescribed fee); and / or
- confirm the identity or categories of third parties who have had, or currently have, access to your Personal Information (also subject to payment of a prescribed fee).
- The Company’s contact information is as set out in item 1.1 of the Schedule.
- When you make a request regarding your Personal Information, the Company will take reasonable steps to confirm your identity.
- There may be times when the Company cannot grant access to your Personal Information, including where granting you access would (i) interfere with the privacy of others, or (ii) result in a breach of confidentiality. The Company will always provide you with reasons if this is the case.
- If you are of the view that any Personal Information that the Company holds about you is incorrect in any way, including that it is inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, incomplete or misleading, you are allowed to ask the Company to correct it. If you believe that any Personal Information that the Company holds about you is excessive or has been unlawfully obtained, you can ask the Company to destroy or delete it. You may do the same if you think that the Company has retained if for longer than necessary, given the purpose. The Company will do so unless there are good grounds not to (such as that the Company is required to hold it for a period prescribed by any applicable legislation).
- It is important, however, to understand that if you withdraw your consent for the Company to use some of your Personal Information, it may affect the quality and level of service that the Company can provide to you.
- The Company has adopted a security model to protect your Personal Information that complies with generally accepted information security practices and procedures. As part of the Company’s security systems, the Company has implemented fire-wall technology, password controls, encryption processes and antivirus software. This is in addition to as the physical security measures adopted by the Company to ensure that it takes all appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent (i) loss of, damage to, or unauthorised destruction of Personal Information, and (ii) unlawful access to or processing of Personal Information. The Company has a stringent security policy in place that every officer, employer and supplier of the Company must adhere to.
- The Company confirms that it takes all reasonable measures to:
- identify all reasonably foreseeable internal and external risks to any Personal Information in its possession or under its control;
- establish and maintain appropriate safeguards against any risks that are identified by the Company;
- regularly verify that these safeguards are effectively implemented by or on behalf of the Company; and
- ensure that such safeguards are continually updated in response to new risks or deficiencies in previously implemented safeguards.
- Cookies are small files containing information that a website uses to track a visit by a user. The Company uses session cookies to better understand how the Website is used by users to improve the performance of the Website for users, particularly the way search pages are delivered. The Company has installed settings on the Website to ensure that session cookies do not remain on your computer at the end of your visit to the Website, and cannot be used to obtain any personally identifiable details.
11. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
- Any communications that you do receive from the Company pursuant to clause 11.1 will set out how to opt out of receiving future communications from the Company, free of charge, if you no longer wish to receive material for any reason whatsoever. The Company will only send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes at certain times when engaging with the Company.
The Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to update, modify or amend this Policy from time to time with or without notice. You therefore agree and undertake to review the Policy whenever you visit the Website. Save as expressly provided to the contrary in this Policy, any amended version of the Policy shall supersede and replace all previous versions thereof.
13. CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions, concerns or complaints related to this Policy or the Company’s treatment of Personal Information should be directed to the email address set out in item 1.5 of the Schedule.
At Groot Constantia, we are firmly committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and those who sample Groot Constantia services. Groot Constantia is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not share, sell, or otherwise distribute the financial or personal information of our customers, or those who otherwise provide personal information to sample our products and services, to any other persons or organizations in any way other than what is disclosed in this document.
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for https://grootconstantia.co.za/. If you any have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us by email. In accordance with COPPA, Groot Constantia does not, at any time, knowingly collect information from, or market our products or services to, children under the age of 13.
All financial and personal information collected by Groot Constantia is held in the strictest confidentiality. Any information, such as email, billing and shipping addresses, and other contact information – submitted via a purchase form, registration form, download form, newsletter subscription or online application service – remains the sole property of Groot Constantia. This information is used to help us process such items as service provision, payment and to send registration information to our customers.
Furthermore, any third party personally-identifiable information, submitted on your behalf by an outside party (e.g. in the case of the “email-a-friend” feature, or a gift purchase) is treated with the same care as primary information.
If, at any time, Groot Constantia wishes to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email. It is entirely at your discretion whether or not we may use your information in this different manner. In addition, if Groot Constantia makes any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our website, notifying users of the change. In some cases when we post the notice we will also email those users who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
There are also instances when Groot Constantia will use a “cookie” in order to track website usage. These cookies do not collect personal information and are usually terminated once customers leave the site. These cookies record the time of your visit, the date, the “referring” page that brought you to our site, and the IP address that your ISP has assigned to your computer at the time of your visit. This anonymous information is used to assist us in refining our websites to create a better user experience.
The information gathered for the Groot Constantia User Forums is completely voluntary. A user need only enter a name and email address. Whether or not this information is displayed on the website is up to the user. This simply provides a means with which to interact with other Forum Users. This information is not required by Groot Constantia. Any information posted to a non-secure User Forum is considered in the public domain.
When using online “chat” programs to speak with Groot Constantia support associates, your correspondence is not broadcast in any way. This is a one-on-one interaction. Your screen name is any you choose, and are not logged or recorded.
To further protect the privacy of our customers, access to information by our employees is restricted within the company. Only select employees with an absolute need to use that information – in order to better serve customers – are able to view any personal details submitted.
From time to time, Groot Constantia will request more specific information about our customers. This is done in the form of surveys and is completely voluntary. The information gathered in these surveys helps us determine who our customer base is and what their needs are. By compiling this data, we can work to improve customer experiences with the company.
Personal information provided by customers, or those who sample Groot Constantia products or services, is sometimes used to contact individuals regarding new information about our services. Anyone contacted by us with services/product information can request to be removed from further updates at any time.
Overall, we at Groot Constantia strive to treat our customers as each one of us would like to be treated. We value our privacy and we value yours too. It is our goal to make your experience with Groot Constantia a safe and positive one.